The Laurent House is closed for the season and will reopen on Saturday, May 2nd. Tours will be hosted the first full weekend (Saturday and Sunday in the same month) and the third weekend of each month. All tours begin on a shuttle bus at Midway Village, 6799 Guilford Rd., Rockford, IL. The bus leaves on the hour, at 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m., and 3 p.m. each day that tours operate. There is no parking available at the Laurent House.
During the winter and early spring months, small private and large group tours are encouraged to tour the Laurent House. For private tours of fewer than 10 guests there is an additional charge. Regardless of size, all special tours are arranged by calling 815-877-2952, or by emailing email@example.com.
Please arrive at Midway Village 15 minutes prior to your tour.
Reservations for group tours may be arranged by calling 815-877-2952. To encourage young people to experience the genius designs of Frank Lloyd Wright, group tours are offered for students at $5 per person. One adult must accompany every four children. The admission fee for adults is always $15.
Guests With Disabilities
We welcome the opportunity to assist guests with disabilities at the Laurent
House. For assistance and information on accessibility call 815-877-2952, or
On a case-by-case basis, accommodations may be arranged to allow guests with disabilities to park and arrive directly at the Laurent House for tours and special events.
Admission is $15 per person, and the Laurent House experience is best suited for children over the age of eight.
Visitors are welcome to take photographs without using a flash for their own
personal use. A permit is required for those wishing to take pictures of the
House or grounds as the background for portraits, landscape photography or
for any commercial purposes. Please abide by the following photography
· Courtesy first. Unless you are on a private tour, taking of photos inside or outside of the House should not delay the tour or inconvenience your fellow guests.
· No tripods or monopods are allowed on the property.
· It is best not to bring camera bags to the Laurent House. Guests may be asked to leave camera bags outside of the home.
· Do not climb trees, walls or boulders, enter the pond or step into gardening beds.
· Special occasion photos such as prom, homecoming, graduation, birthdays, family reunions, etc., are only permitted with the advance purchase of a permit for a private photography session.
· The Laurent House Foundation assumes no responsibility for loss, theft, or damage to equipment.
Smoking is NOT allowed anywhere on the Laurent House Property.
More to See and Do in and Around Rockford
The Pettit Memorial Chapel is the only cemetery chapel designed by Frank
Lloyd Wright. The Pettit Chapel is located in the Belvidere Cemetery at 1121 N.
Main St. in nearby Belvidere, Illinois. For information, please visit www.belviderecemetery.com.
While at Midway Village, you could tour some of the spectacular exhibits. For more information, go to www.midwayvillage.com.
For more to see and do in Rockford, please visit the Rockford Area Convention and Visitors Bureau at www.gorockford.com. www.gorockford.com.